Monday, December 12, 2011

Holy 300 Batman!

Here we are at my 300th blogpost.  I've been blogging for four and a half years and there have been a lot of changes in my world.  I started this whole thing as a single woman who was swearing off dating men for six months.  A lot of my time off from men was spent trying to figure out who I was - the wild child of my past was always in direct conflict with my chosen profession.  I took advantage of my singleness and traveled the world with a close friend of mine which was the trip of a lifetime - definitely something I am incredibly proud of myself for doing.  I made poor choices in men and I whined a lot.  I was incredibly pretentious and introspective and spent way too much time focusing on what was wrong with me instead of all my fabulous qualities.  But through the process, I realized the type of life that I wanted but I just couldn't figure out how to get there.  And then I realized what was standing right in front of me.  It was a risk, but in the end I took the leap of faith and hoped for the best.  And shortly after taking that risk and purchasing our house, ta-da!  And then the wedding planning started taking off but in the meantime I tried to keep a good perspective of the BIG picture.  Unfortunately along with the ring came some major changes which rocked my career.  Once I had the house and the ring there was something else that I desperately needed in order for our house to be a home.  Along the way to the altar, Craig and I planned, we vacationed and I worried.  I approached my new job with careful consideration - I knew what I was getting into and the weight that was on my shoulders.  Craig and I got married and honeymooned and it was all very wonderful...but I was also very glad to be done when it was over.  We had a great summer planned and then we took a test that changed our lives!  A whole different kind of planning took place and brought with it almost more anxiety than I could handle.  I obviously took this whole "mothering" thing pretty seriously and tried to plan accordingly.  Just like I did with the wedding, I tried to keep a good perspective through everything as to the real reason we were having a baby.  And then just like that - we were a family of three (plus four paws of course).  Becoming a new mommy was hard but I tried to see the humor in the day to day monotony.  I've been through a lot in the past nine months, but I've come out alright for the most part.

So there you have it.  What.  A.  Journey.  I'm exhausted just from looking at all the blogs I've written.  Who knew I had so much to say!  I can't imagine what Natalie will think of all this someday....

No comments: