Monday, December 26, 2011

April 2011

he next few posts I'm going to be linking up with Robin at Farewell Strangerwho writes a beautifully personal PPD blog.  She's doing a series of blog posts which look back at the wonderful moments of the past year despite struggling through motherhood and PPD.  I'm doing this series along with her because I desperately want to remember the first year of Natalie's life as something positive and beautiful instead of full of pain, frustration, anger, anxiety and darkness.

FAMILY AND EASTER
Craig's father passed away several years ago but Craig and his family still keep in touch with his father's younger brother, Tim.  In April Tim and his wife Sheryl met us in Fort Worth for a delicious dinner at Texas de Brazil.  It was a special moment for our family because it was the closest Craig will ever get to his father holding his child.  
Craig and his Uncle Tim have the exact same body type - from the back it's hard to tell them apart!

Natalie's special Easter outfit made for her by my friend Amy.  On the back of the overalls was a fluffy bunny tail and a carrot sticking out of the pocket.

All dressed up for Easter mass at my parent's church.  I loved Natalie's dress for Easter - found it on sale at Gap!

This must might have been my absolute favorite outfit of hers from when she was this little.  I love the turquoise, the bright colors and the pink Converse.  I actually did cry when I packed this outfit away into storage.

In April the PPD craziness had only just started to become a problem.  Up until this point I had really thought that it was just normal new mommy jitters, anxieties and frustrations.  I was trying desperately to put on the show that I was the perfect new mother that had her act together and who was able to make the transition to motherhood easy and beautifully.  The laundry was always done, bottles were sanitized and Natalie never had a dirty outfit on....but the exhaustion was settling in and the PPD fog was slowly creeping in and beginning to take over my brain and my soul.

No comments: