Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Day Book


Outside my window...it is 10:15 and a little gray and chilly outside.

I am thinking...that it's utterly ridiculous that we have to go to school tomorrow, Tuesday and then a half day on Wednesday!  Our district goes to school more days than anyone else in the area and no offense to our lovely children - they aren't any smarter for it.

I am thankful for...a really good day yesterday filled with some light shopping, a fun lunch and a yummy dinner.

From the learning rooms...my kids did great at the district cross country meet last week coming in 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall in three divisions and a district individual winner!

From the kitchen...I made such a yummy dinner last night - I can't wait until it's time to eat lunch so I can have some leftovers.  We had pork chops simmered in vinegar, brown sugar and pears, onion baked potatoes and zucchini.  Natalie loved ALL of it!  She would eat some and clean off her tray and then bang her hands on the tray signaling that she wanted more.  All in all, she ate three big pieces of zucchini, three potato slices and two cubed pieces of pear.  Hungry little caterpillar!

I am wearing...a big t-shirt of Craig's and some Aggie flannel pj pants.

I am creating...last minute things for us to do before Christmas gets here.  We've still got a few things to buy (Craig's stocking stuffers, Ms. Rebecca's present, etc) and I'm going to attempt to make chocolate dipped pretzel sticks and some red velvet brownies.

I am going...to finish up the laundry today so that we can push through these last two days (and a half) before Christmas break without being too stressed out.

I am reading...not enough.

I am hoping...that the kids are moderately well behaved this week.  They always get a little crazy before any holiday or long break from school.

I am hearing...Saturday Night Live from last night featuring Jimmy Fallon as the host.  Such a funny episode.

Around the house...the Christmas tree is slowly filling up with presents underneath it!  We did buy one present for Natalie to open up on Christmas Eve - a Little Golden Book with three Christmas stories (the Animals Christmas, the Biblical Christmas and The Night Before Christmas) so that Craig can read her stories before bedtime.

One of my favorite things...cozy socks for my cold toes.

A few plans for the rest of the week: A dodgeball tournament at my school on Wednesday before we let out at 12:30 and a ladies tea with my mom and Natalie on Friday.  Pretty low key this week.

No comments: