Thursday, February 3, 2011

Resolutions...Part Deux

Seeing as how it is now a month and three days into the new year, I figured I'd let you know how I was doing on those resolutions that I made awhile back.  Plus...seeing as how this is my third consecutive snow day in a row - I'm really bored.

1. Make grocery lists.  For most of January I was doing really fantastically at this resolution and then Craig had knee surgery and I came down with a sinus infection and it all went downhill after that.  It's been a few weeks since I've planned and orchestrated good and wholesome meals for the two of us...I'm hoping that for our Valentine's/Anniversary celebration I will be getting a basic all-American cookbook and that will help widen my cooking possibilities.

2. Acknowledge and accept my limitations.  I hate feeling lazy by sitting around and doing nothing while everyone else is working around me.  BUT as much as I hate feeling lazy, I hate puffy and swollen ankles even more so I am doing a whole lot more sitting and resting.  I have a feeling this is going to be a lot harder of a resolution to keep once Natalie has arrived and I'm not able to be up and moving around as much as I would like.

3. Read more books and watch less television.  Ugh.  I'm doing AWFUL at this resolution.  Terrible, terrible, terrible.  But those Real Housewives just draw me into their drama and I just have to stick it out with them throughout the entire season!  I also haven't been to the book store lately to get any new books so I haven't had a lot to read lately.  It is kind of hard to pick out literature right now because I have to stay away from story lines that make me cry.  But books and magazines are on my list of items to purchase in this last month before Natalie is born so that I have something to do during the time in the hospital and at 3:00 am when she is feeding during those first few weeks.

4. Walk Angie at least 3 times a week.  Craig has actually done much better at this resolution than I have - as part of his personal rehab from his knee surgery, he has taken it upon himself to take her on quick walks around the block to get his knee moving and stronger.  It's been a bit cold for me lately AND I've been absolutely exhausted when I get home due to my frequent nighttime trips to the restroom as well as waking up due to sweating and nightmares.

We'll see how I'm doing in another month!

No comments: