Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Day Book


Outside my window...it is 8:28am and the sun is rising and there is a bit of a chill in the air...finally.

I am thinking...that I have so many things to do tomorrow since I missed a day and a half of school with a fever last week: Kate's baby shower invites, take up and put away volleyball jerseys, collect and record all the cross country information, hand out volleyball pictures, and inventory and put away all my volleyball equipment.  Whew.

I am thankful for...coffee, a snuggly puppy dog, cooler weather and a healthy baby girl.

From the learning rooms...my 8th grade girls didn't fair so well at the end of season tournament.  We lost in the first round but they played hard and we all had a group cry in the huddle afterwards.  All last spring while I was waiting for a math position to open up, I knew that my career path was in God's hands and that he was going to guide me to the place where I needed to be.  I needed to be these girls' coach this year.  I needed them to look forward to every morning when I left my sweet Natalie with her daddy.  We might not have won a lot of games, but we had so much fun and I think their friendship with each other became stronger.

From the kitchen...We had taco soup on Friday night just because it's easy to make.  I think I'm going to make my people some pancakes this morning if they ever decide to wake up and get out of bed.

I am wearing...I'll be honest.  I just got out of the shower so I'm wearing a pink fuzzy robe and a towel on my head.

I am creating...lots of lists.  Always lists.  Trying to get Christmas under control before the holiday season gets out of control.

I am going...to leave for work at 8:00 every morning this week and get home by 4:30 each afternoon.  Sweet.  I haven't done this since the first day of school.

I am reading...The Girl Who Played With Fire.

I am hoping...that my mother reads the third installment of the series quickly so that when I'm ready for The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest she'll have finished it and will be willing to let me borrow it.

I am hearing...the Patriots/Steelers game...is it possible for BOTH of them to lose?

Around the house...Craig and I took 30 minutes this afternoon while Natalie was down for a nap to run around the house and pick things up in order to start the week off relatively organized and calm.

One of my favorite things...Natalie's new "big girl" shoes.  She is in a size 3 shoe and officially out of "baby" shoes.  Now her shoes come with real soles because I guess kids her size should be walking?!  We're still a little ways away from that though.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm going to try to make it to the volleyball play-off game on Tuesday night but it will be Craig's second day of going in early and coming home late - I know that he'll be tired and will need some rest and relaxation.

A picture to share:
Daddy and Natalie playing with Halloween bubbles.

Not one to be forgotten, Angie had to join in the fun of course.

No comments: