Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pinterest Show and Tell

THE INSPIRATION:



THE MATERIALS:
- Two $6.00 craftable pumpkins from Target
- One free pumpkin Natalie received from a pumpkin patch birthday party
- One giant black Sharpie paint pen
- One thinner silver Painter's paint pen

THE TIME:
A little under an hour and most of that time was just waiting for the paint to dry so I could outline with the silver pen.

THE RESULT:

Natalie's monogrammed pumpkin

Jack O Lantern face

First part of our last name....

Second part of our last name

Ta da!

All three creations on the mantle.

HOW WILL I USE IT?
Right now they are all just sitting on the mantle but I'm thinking that closer to Halloween I will move them outside to the front porch.  Obviously Natalie's will be thrown out after Halloween but I'm hoping to be abe to hold onto the other two and reuse them each Halloween.

WHAT WILL I DO DIFFERENTLY?
- Spray the pumpkins with some sort of finishing spray that helps the paint stay put.
- Tie fun ribbons around the stem of the pumpkins
- Get a little more creative with spray paint, stickers and designs.

Okay - so here is the format I'm looking at for my Pinterest to real life blog posting.  What do YOU think?  Obviously you wouldn't have to use my exact format but do you like the overall idea?!

Alright - I'm trying out the Mr. Linky!  We'll see if it works!





No comments: