Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Day Book

Outside my window...it is 9:24 and bright and sunny with a gentle breeze.  It's supposed to be in the 80s today - can't wait until Tuesday when it's predicted to be in the 60s!

I am thinking...that we might be babyproofing the house before Christmas.

I am thankful for...coffee, king size beds, Adidas windpants and the blue nose sucker we stole from the hospital.

From the learning rooms...I had a heartbreaking loss on Thursday night to our big crosstown rival (and my former school).  My girls worked so hard and played so beautiful and I couldn't be any prouder of them, but it would have been nice to get the win.  But I only have one more 7th grade game left, two 8th grade games and end of season tournaments for both so there is definitely a light at the end of the volleyball season tunnel.

From the kitchen...I'm ready to get back into the kitchen - Craig has done a wonderful job taking care of the meal planning and cooking during the week when I've been coming home late in the evenings.  But I do actually enjoy cooking and I'm excited about trying out some of the new recipes I've found on Pinterest.

I am wearing...a big t-shirt of Craig's that I slept in last night and a pair of baggy Adidas windpants.

I am creating...I have so many ideas of blog posts and I have a huge list of things that I want to do from Pinterest.  I'll let you know when I'm doing another Show and Tell.

I am going...to have a pretty low key day today - Natalie has been running a fever this morning so we're going to take it easy.  I'm not sure if she is still fighting off her ear infection or if it's just from teething but I'm hoping it's gone by this afternoon so that she can be healhty and go to Ms. Rebecca's house tomorrow.

I am reading...I was clicking around on Kelly's Korner "Show Us Your Life - International Day" the other day and I found this blog, Acord Adventures which is all about this woman's life as an ex-pat in Saudi Arabia.  Fascinating.
I am hoping...that the remainder of my volleyball season goes smoothly.
I am hearing...a quiet baby monitor and ESPN Sportscenter.
Around the house...we have so much stuff that we need to put away - all of Natalie's baby-baby stuff.  I'm thinking it will be put up in the attic over the Thanksgiving holiday.  It will DEFINITELY need to be put away before Christmas!!
One of my favorite things...baby giggles.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Volleyball games on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and then Natalie's baptism on Sunday afternoon!

A picture to share:
This is my dad's artwork entry into the State Fair and he won second place in his division.  He takes scrap metal that he uses during car repair and he creates beautiful yard art and household pieces.  I was pretty proud to find his artwork in the crafts building at the State Fair and show off his craftsmanship to Natalie and Craig.

No comments: