Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Show and Tell: Caprese Salad

THE INSPIRATION:
Marinated Caprese Salad

THE MATERIALS:

Here is the recipe card that I created and put into my recipe binder. 

All my ingredients laid out on the island cutting board.

THE TIME:
Not long at all!  Definitely under thirty minutes.  The hardest part was the chopping of the cheese, tomatoes and basil.

THE RESULT:
It looks pretty similar I suppose.

HOW WILL I USE IT?
I served it with large yummy pieces of bakery french bread at Natalie's baptism party on Sunday.

WHAT WILL I DO DIFFERENTLY?
- Since I was a wee bit nervous about the party, the baptism and everything in between I was super on the ball and made this dish on Saturday evening.  Although the TASTE was good, the consistency was a bit soggier than I expected or would have liked.  Next time I definitely think it's a "day of" preparation.
- I'm not sure how I felt about the red wine vinegar.  Last night I had some left over slices of mozzarella, big pieces of roma tomato drenched in balsamic vinegar served on bread and it was a much more "authentic" tasting dish.  I will probably combine the cheese, tomato and basil in the same way but maybe use balsamic vinegar as the marinade.

What have YOU been pinning and creating lately?!

No comments: