Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Five

Revkjarla over at RevGalBlogPals writes:


So, I don't know about you, but I have had quite the scattered week. Sometimes, life is that way, right?

In the spirit of Scattered-ness, I offer you a scattery kind of Friday Five:

1. I lose my keys all of the time. Even if they are in my hand, I still am looking for them. Sigh!  What is something you chronically looking for, if anything?
My sunglasses.  I push them up on my head when I pull into the garage and there is no telling where I set them down once I get into the house.  Sometimes I put them in my purse or maybe they end up on the table and they've even shown up on Natalie's changing table!

2. What movie are you looking forward to watching sometime in the future?
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo comes out on December 21st and I've already committed Craig and I to a date night complete with dinner and the movie for that evening.  I absolutely loved the book and can't wait to see the movie.  It's also a movie that I know Craig will enjoy because of the mystery, the intrigue and the plot twists.  Can.  Not.  Wait.

3. What is one of your favorite comfort foods?
My mother's meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  Mmm.

4. Story time. Tell us a story of one your favorite people that has touched, blessed your life.
It's no secret that I have been trying to get out of coaching for the past couple of years and I began this year with a little bit of dread in my heart.  I knew being away from my baby for such long amounts of time was going to be hard but working with the 8th grade group of girls that I have has made this year much easier.  I hope that they know how much I enjoy working with them and how they make those mornings when it's so difficult to leave such a beautiful baby girl...just a little bit easier because I get to come to work and be around such fun athletes.  That's not really a story, but it's just kind of the mood that I'm in today.

5. What do you do to focus or calm or center yourself?
I wish I had an answer for this.  Most of the time closing the bathroom doors, lighting a candle and having a bubble bath while reading a good book does the trick but unfortunately I just haven't had the time for it lately.

BONUS: Share the first thing (or second thing) that comes to your mind after your read this!
The first thing that came to my mind was that I'm terrible about answering these type of questions.  The second thing that came to my mind was maybe I need to ask Craig if I can have a bubble bath tonight.

No comments: