Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Day Book

Okay, let's be real honest.  I wrote this on Friday, August 5th at 12:44 while Craig was at the baseball card shop and Natalie was taking a nap.  We will be in Vegas on Monday so I figured I would get ahead of the game.  Taken from my friend Molly who found it here.


Outside my window...it is still hot but unlike everyone else, I'm not complaining about it.  I've been staying indoors and I know that it won't be too long before it will be cold and I will be dreaming of warm weather like this.

I am thinking...that Craig sure is taking a long time at the card shop.  He needs to hurry home - Momma needs to shave her legs before volleyball at 2:00.

I am thankful for...King Ranch Chicken casserole.  With sour cream.  And blue corn tortilla chips.

From the learning rooms...the countdown is on.  A week from today I will be at student orientation taking up athletics paperwork packets and filling orders for new gym clothes.

From the kitchen...I obviously made King Ranch Chicken casserole this week and it was beyond delicious.

I am wearing...shorts, t-shirt and a ponytail...again.  BUT I do have some very cute new clothes waiting in the closet for Vegas, the 10 year high school reunion and for coaching volleyball in September and October.

I am creating...the scariest scenarios in my head of what can possibly go wrong while Craig and I are in Vegas.  The newest and latest one?  The plane crashes going there or coming back and Natalie is an orphan.  Is this normal?!

I am going...to play volleyball this afternoon and then I am going baby registering with my friend Kate tonight.  It's amazing how a year ago Babies R Us totally overwhelmed me but now I can navigate it like a pro.
I am reading...well, I'm not reading much right now but I am going to take The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with me to Vegas as well as a book my mom lent me called Rescue by Anita Shreve.  I might also stop by the bookstore and get Jen Lancaster's new book, If You Were Here.

I am hoping...for a smooth transition from summer to school for Natalie, Craig and myself.  And even more so for Angie - I think she'll be the one that has the hardest time with us going back to work.

I am hearing...silence - could that mean the baby girl is taking a much needed nap?!

Around the house...the yard needs to be mowed but unless Craig gets up at two in the morning to do it, it is just too hot outside!

One of my favorite things...Natalie's new screech of joy.  And the fact that it is much easier to get a big giggle out of her these days.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Vegas next week and then my ten year high school reunion on the 12th and 13th and then we go back for inservice on the 15th!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
A ten day old Natalie.  Sigh.  I can't believe how little she was.

No comments: