Friday, August 5, 2011

50 Questions in 5 Days: Day IIII

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Playing volleyball for the first time in a year this past June.  It was just a pick-up game with seven other ladies at the gym but it reminded me of the person I was pre-baby.



32. If not now, then when? There isn't anything that I'm putting off right now.  I've done everything that I've wanted to do: marriage, traveling, baby, career...I don't know what the next task to accomplish will be or when it will present itself to me.


33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? I don't like losing so I only go after things that I absolutely know that I can achieve.


34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Uh probably not.  I walk away from every conversation feeling like there was always more I should have said, or a better and clearer way I could have gotten my point across.


35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because people are human and have been given free will by God.  And that free will means they have the ability to distort the word of God which can lead to wars.


36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? If you read the Bible it tells you in black and white what is good and what is evil, but sometimes recognizing those good and evil things or forces in your own world is very difficult.


37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Nope.  I would invest a lot of it for college tuitions and retirement and then maybe buy a bigger house with lots of land further out in the country a bit.  But I would keep my job - I would be bored without it AND I don't think it would be enough to live on for the rest of my life without any other source of income.


38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? I would love to have less work around the house to do.  I love my job and I love coaching, but I do wish that I had to do less of it during the actual season.  Coaching both seventh and eigth graders can get a bit exhausting during the season.


39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Sometimes during the summer things do tend to get a bit boring and Groundhog Day-esque but luckily school is starting back up soon and we'll all get back on a schedule and things will be more interesting.


40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Probably never.  There just hasn't been that much controversy in my life.

No comments: