Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Day Book

Taken from my friend Molly who found it here.


Outside my window...it is 8:45 and the trashmen just came and got the trash.  It's hot.  It's dry.  It's summer in Texas.

I am thinking...of what I will need to pack for Vegas and then what kinds of new outfits I will need to get for my 10 year (eek!) high school reunion that is August 12-13.

I am thankful for...Craig - he has gotten up early with Natalie the past two mornings and let me sleep in.  A rested Mommy is a happy Mommy.

From the learning rooms...We only have two more weeks of summer vacation left and I'm so conflicted.  I love, love, love the lazy, relaxed days of the summer but at the same time I enjoy having a schedule and something structured to do during the day.  I'm a little apprehensive about volleyball season and being away from Natalie so much, but I know that it will be okay because she will be in good hands. 

From the kitchen...we had my favorite "easy" meal last Friday night - chili dogs.  Yum.
I am wearing...shorts, t-shirt and a ponytail.
I am creating...different playlists on my new favorite app for my iPhone - Pandora internet radio.  I've listened to Pandora on my computer before, but just installed it on my phone.  I have a U2 and Kings of Leon station - gotta start Natalie off right by listening to the best kind of music.

I am going...to Las Vegas with Craig a week from today for my 28th birthday celebration.  I'm so excited to get away and just hang out with Craig doing whatever we want, whenever we want but I'm so terrified that something bad is going to happen to Natalie while I'm gone and I'm not going to be there for her.

I am reading...and journaling a book that my friend Jill lent to me.  It's helping.  I'm feeling better.

I am hoping...that I'm able to find some cute clothes when I go shopping later this week.  Adjusting to my new body size is really difficult!

I am hearing...Natalie blowing raspberries while playing on her playmat.

Around the house...we are going to have to get our foundation checked out because we are noticing cracks in a few walls and in the tile downstairs.  Ugh...this could get expensive.

One of my favorite things...Pinterest conference calls with my friend Amy.  Last Saturday while Craig took Natalie shopping for my birthday presents Amy and I were on speaker phone with each other for 45 minutes just perusing Pinterest together looking for party ideas for our kids (Emma - LaLa Loopsy, Jake - Toy Story 3 and Natalie - St. Patrick's Day).

A few plans for the rest of the week: Clothes shopping for Vegas, school and my high school reunion.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Craig and me at the Wynn hotel for my 25th birthday.

No comments: