Thursday, August 4, 2011

5 days and 50 Questions: Part III

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? I can tell you from experience that life as a worried genius isn't as bad as it might seem.



22. Why are you, you? That's what I think I've spent my life trying to wrap my brain around.  And it's the most simplest of answers, but the hardest to understand - because God created me this way.


23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Recently?  Probably not.  But like everything else in life, relationships ebb and flow - it's always a give and take.  Right now, I'm taking but I know that I'll eventually get back to a place where I can give again.


24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? I think losing touch with a good friend who lives near you because there really isn't a good excuse for not keeping in contact except for "I don't like you anymore." 


25. What are you most grateful for?  Having God in my life and all the blessings that he has provided me - my family, my friends, my career, my puppy dog.  All of it.  I know how blessed I am.


26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?  Oh gosh.  This sure is a hard one.  On one hand I would lose all memories I have of my grandma but on the other I would never get to remember Natalie as a baby or little girl.  I can't choose.


27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?  I'm sure Christians who come by their faith easily would say yes - that their faith in God is unwavering and cannot be questioned.  But for me, I had to challenge the truth that I have come to accept in my life as my faith.  I had to hit the bottom to have Him help me back to the top. 


28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?  No.  Thank goodness.


29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?  Yes, actually it does because those times five years ago when I was at my lowest and extremely upset have shaped who I am and how grateful I am that I have my life today.


30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?  Playing dolls with my mom or listening to my mom and grandma talk to each other in Italian or French.  Both of these memories are important and special to me because they are memories that I want Natalie to have in her life.  I can't wait to get down on the floor with her and play dolls and I'm so excited to see the special relationship that will blossom between my daughter and my mother.

No comments: