Wednesday, August 3, 2011

50 Questions in 5 Days: Part II

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I would observe and listen for awhile and think of how to diplomatically and objectively voice a contradictory viewpoint.  I might even wait to let them know that she's my friend until the end of the conversation so that they really feel ashamed of themselves.  Is that bad?  Maybe.  But I would stand up for my friend by offering up well-crafted counter arguments to their statements.  I don't think I would be pushy or aggressive or rude about it though.



12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Oh the conversations that Natalie and I have had at night when I am rocking her to sleep.  There is an infinite amount of information I want her to know and take with her for her life.  But one piece?  It would probably be - none of it matters.  None of the clothes, the popularity, the drama, the achievements...all that stuff that gets thrown at them through middle and high school and sometimes even into college.  It just doesn't matter in the end.  All she needs is her confidence, her sense of worth and her family and she'll do fine.


13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? If the person was dying then yes.  But if they had broken the law themselves and were going to prison for it then no.


14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? I think I've seen more the other way around.  What I thought was creativity really was a strong dose of insanity.


15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? The way I eat.  I don't let my food touch.  I used to make forts with my celery and carrots around my ranch dressing so it wouldn't run all over the place.  And when I would eat pancakes I would carve out a square in the middle to put my syrup so it wouldn't run into the other things on my plate.  Even now when I eat at IHOP I eat the whole yolk of the egg in one bite because I don't like it spreading and touching my other food.


16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? I don't know.  Just the way God built us I suppose.  How come the things that make other people happy don't make me happy? 


17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? I'd really like to have a wider spectrum of readers on my blog.  I need to get on the BlogHer network and put myself out there on other people's blogs that I read.  I guess what is holding me back is fear that they (the people whose blogs I read but have never met in person) won't like me or want to read my blog...plus the fact that I really don't know where to start.


18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Oh my goodness most definitely I am.  And that's a work in progress.


19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? I would move to England.  I would still be in a country where I spoke the language (more or less) and I would be super close to the rest of Europe for any and all the weekend travels and adventures that I want to have.


20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? No, but I do hit the "door close" button once I get in there I don't like sharing the space with people I don't know.

No comments: