Monday, March 12, 2012

Day Booking


It's Spring Break - time to relax and refocus before the we trudge into the countdown to the end of the school year.  This is where you can find other daybookers.


Outside my window...it was a warm and beautiful day today - one of those days when it feels just a bit too much like summer vacation.  Kind of got my hopes up and then I remembered that I still have eleven weeks of school left.

I am thinking...that I really need to trust in God more.  All of the things that I was so frustrated and upset with have been somewhat resolved - as resolved as they are going to be.  Obviously I would like to have Earthly retribution for the trespasses against my husband and our family but I have to have faith that God knows the truth and will judge fairly.

I am thankful...that her big birthday bash went off without a hitch, except for the rainy weather.  

In the kitchen...I made spinach dip and sausage dip for Natalie's birthday party on Saturday and I've been snacking on those since then - I love a good dip and chips or crackers!



I am wearing...shorts, an Aggie t-shirt and socks.



I am creating...absolutely nothing........and if feels awesome.  I'm giving my brain a rest this week by immersing myself in the last bits of Mockingjay (the third in the Hunger Games book trilogy) as well as catching up on some of the Bible Study lessons that I missed in the past couple of weeks.



I am going...to go on a big date night with my husband tomorrow night.  It is our second anniversary and we are sending Natalie off to her Grandmama's house for the evening while we head out to for a delicious steak dinner.  I might even put on a dress for my husband!  Ha!


I am wondering...I guess it's more in wonderment OF God and the perfect plan that he had for this world.  Not just for my own life, but for all the amazing people I have in my life and the generations of people that came before me.  He knew them all as intimately as He knows me.  I just have such a hard time grasping that kind of love and power.

I am reading...like I said above, I've been catching up on my Bible Study homework on 1Peter and I'm determined to finish Mockingjay this week and move onto The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

I am hoping...that this spring season is gentle when it comes to thunderstorms and tornadoes.  We live in North Texas and we get our fair share of tornado warnings and powerful thunderstorms.  I actually used to LOVE that kind of weather but after having Natalie and having to hide out under the stairs while nursing a tiny baby AND after all the stories coming out of Tennessee lately, I'm completely freaked out.

I am looking forward to...our anniversary dinner tomorrow night!  It's been so long since we've gotten dressed up to go do anything and even though it's our second anniversary, this time last year we had a five day old baby so this is our first time to properly celebrate our marriage.

I am learning...that I actually enjoy my quiet time at night rather than watching noisy television.  TV has become something to turn on when I'm folding laundry and more of an annoyance when I'm settling down for the night.

Around the house...I've gotten MOST of the birthday decorations and toys put away - I'm keeping out some of the St. Patrick's Day decor just because it's festive!

A favorite quote for today...as I'm sitting here writing this post I am listening to Anna Nalick's song Breathe. It's pretty appropriate for this week - I'm just going to calm down and..........breathe.
One of my favorite things...coffee.  I can't express to you how much I look forward to that first cup in the morning. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Our anniversary dinner tomorrow night, her one-year-old appointment on Thursday and then Natalie is heading off to my parent's house on Friday night and I think Craig and I are going to meet up with my brother for some wings, beer and basketball.

A peek into my day...

Although this isn't from today - I sure do love the face of a well fed baby girl.

No comments: