Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tuesday Day Book


Outside my window...it is 8:45 and looking cold and dreary.  Perfect Thanksgiving week weather.

I am thinking...that the house is starting to look like Christmas!!

I am thankful for...the friend that I'm going to be having dinner with tonight.  Even though we don't see each other very often due to my volleyball and Natalie and her two boys and their activites, we are still great friends and I can't wait to spend the evening catching up with her.

From the learning rooms...last week was a bit brutal just because the kids were definitely ready to be done with school for a week.  BUT taking first place in three out of four races at our Cross Country meet definitely makes things a bit easier!  We've ran against tough teams and done really well so I'm hoping that we'll be contenders for the district championship this year!

From the kitchen...Craig made the best hamburgers last night and we chowed down on those with some tater tots and beans.  Yum.

I am wearing...a big t-shirt of Craig's - it's what I sleep in because they're big and loose and they don't get caught up when I roll around while sleeping.

I am creating...Christmas cheer all around the house.  We got the tree put up last night but unfortunately the lights are out in the top part of the tree so we're going to have to buy a short strand of lights to put up there.  I got most of the tree decorated - I just need one more strand of silver garland and maybe a few more smaller green and red ornaments.  Craig is in the process of slowly putting up the Christmas village.  We even were able to get all the Christmas presents that we've bought so far this year wrapped and put under the tree!

I am going...to be stressed about money this month.  We've just had a few extra expenses like Thanksgiving, Christmas presents, throwing a baby shower, a few extra dinners out....nothing that I regret and it's all been completely worth the money but you know how it is - we've just been spending a bit more than we usually do.

I am reading...my blog "traffic" and I'm having more and more people read my postings which is exciting....and a big nervewracking at the same time.  I hope they like what the see!  If you do....click on the box to the right and follow me!

I am hoping...that Thanksgiving runs smoothly and that Natalie loves all the yummy food just as much as I do.

I am hearing...Pandora's "Kings of Leon" station and not much else.  Natalie was up a bit last night - Craig got her at 1:00 or so and I brought her to bed with me from 3:30 to 6:00 when he came and got her.  They've both been asleep since 8:00 when I woke up this morning.

Around the house...Martha came yesterday to clean and we promptly ruined her hard work by dragging out the Christmas stuff.  I couldn't wait to get out the tree though - we totally rearranged Christmas and I wanted to put up my new ornaments!

One of my favorite things...seeing the baby shower come together on Sunday afternoon.  My mom and I had a lot of fun putting together a beautiful shower for Kate and her baby Audrey and I was SO nervous.  I get really stressed throwing parties because I want everyone to enjoy themselves and with this party I wanted Kate specifically to know how much I love her and appreciate her being in my life.

A few plans for the rest of the week: We have the whole week off for Thanksgiving but it has already filled up so much with fun things to do!  And although I'm writing this on a Tuesday, I'll fill you in on what we've already done so far this week.
Sunday: Kate's baby shower!
Monday: Natalie went to Rebecca's house in the morning so that we could get some more Christmas shopping done and the food shopping for Thanksgiving completed.  Going to multiple stores is just easier when you don't have to buckle in and take a baby out from the car seat!  Thank you Ms. Rebecca for taking Natalie yesterday morning - and for taking all the kiddos to Chuck E. Cheese's!  She took a LONG nap yesterday afternoon because she was so worn out from all the fun!
Tuesday: Craig has a dentist appointment today and I have dinner plans with my friend Emily.
Wednesday: We're going to try to make it out to my brother's house that he just moved into.  After having him living in Maine for the past five years it's going to be fun having him only about 20 minutes away!
Thursday: Thanksgiving afternoon with Craig's family at their house followed by the Aggie/t.u. game in the evening.
Friday: I'm going to take Natalie down to my friend Kristin's parent's house to visit her and her mother.  Kristin and I have known each other since we played basketball and volleyball together in junior high and she now lives in Houston so I'm excited to show her how big Natalie has gotten.
Saturday: Thanksgiving dinner at my family's house with....my mom and dad, my two brothers and their wives, my three nephews, my husband and daughter and of course the three pups.  Whew!  That's going to be a lot of food and family but I'm just excited to have my WHOLE family home together.

A picture to share:
If you have ever watched America's Next Top Model then you know about the booty tooch.  Ms. Rebecca was able to catch this photo of my daughter's "booty tooch" while at Chuck E. Cheese's.

No comments: