Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Day Book

Outside my window...it is 8:32 and sunny.  It's supposed to be in the 80s today.  Ridiculous.

I am thinking...that it's going to be really nice to have a completely free day today with no real obligations.

I am thankful for...my husband taking the night shifts with Natalie because he knows that it stresses me out and wears on my patience.

From the learning rooms...my kids did FANTASTIC at the Cross Country meet last week.  We ran against the other middle schools that feed into our high school and the 8th grade boys won first, the 7th grade boys won first AND the 7th grade girls!  Almost a complete sweep!  This group of 8th graders is special because they're the first group of kids that I've had at Forestwood from 6th grade all the way through to 8th grade.  As I was standing at the start with the 8th grade boys, I realized that how much they have grown over the past few years - no longer was I looking down at all of them...I was looking UP at all the boys!  They've grown so TALL - even one of the other school's coaches mentioned how tall our kids were and how OLD they look...but then you hear them talking and realize that yes, they are still most definitely middle school boys.  Ha!

From the kitchen...I made Mexican food on Friday night: tilapia baked in lime juice with pepper and garlic salt, white rice with cilantro and lime juice, black beans and pico de gallo all in a tortilla.  YUM!

I am wearing...a t-shirt and shorts.  And from the looks of the weather report, I'll be able to wear this all day.

I am creating...okay.  Let's be honest.  Am I ever NOT creating lists?  Whether I write them down or just have them floating around in my head, I've always got some list going.  Right now it's Thanksgiving meal shopping and what to decorate for Christmas and where to put all the stuff we put away during the holidays.

I am going...to have dinner with my friend Kate on Tuesday night!  It's been so incredibly long since I've been able to sit down and chat with ANY of my friends and I'm really looking forward to having a relaxing dinner spent catching up with my oldest friend - we've known each other since we were born!  I'm so excited that she is having a little girl so that Natalie and Audrey can have a friendship just like me and Kate - one that will last a lifetime!

I am reading...multiple reports and articles about the Penn State mess.  God bless those children that he abused and may those students who rioted against Paterno being fired realize that their priorities are focused in the wrong direction and understand the gravity of the situation.  I was absolutely disgusted at those students but then I had to step back and realize that they are 19-20 years old and are not developmentally at the point where they can look past their own needs and see the larger picture.  Hopefully the campus administration handles the matters delicately and the entire collegiate athletic community understands that this incident and the subsequent cover-up is a symptom of a much greater problem in college football today.

I am hoping...that my Cross Country runners perform as well this week as they did last week and that the kids continue to show improvement and enthusiasm for the sport!

I am hearing...Natalie bouncing in her bouncer and giggling...then coughing...then giggling again.  She had the croup last week and she still has a lot of coughing and drainage out her nose.  Is this normal?!  I know the doctor said 7-10 days but I guess I thought she would be back 100% by now.  She's also breaking in four new teeth in her upper gums so she's been a bit miserable the last few days.

Around the house...things are about to be changing.  I'm going to have to bring home some paper boxes from school so we can put away all the pretty stuff that is down low - especially in the living room.  She has been pulling up on the entertainment center.

One of my favorite things...my friend Amy and her creativity.  I've ordered two baby blankets from her for my two friends having babies (Lauren and Kate) and I can't wait to get them in the mail this week.  The blanket that came with Natalie's bedding is really stiff and heavy and not very appropriate to cover up an eight month old at night.  The baby blankets that Amy makes are minky and soft and just the absolute PERFECT size, weight and texture for a little one.  Natalie sleeps under her Aunt Amy blanket every night and I know it's going to be the security blanket that she takes with her to college.

A few plans for the rest of the week: We are super busy this week!
Monday: Craig's first 7th grade basketball games.  Although he says that he doesn't want me and Natalie to come, I'm going to make the trek out to the school so that Craig can see Natalie AND she can wear her "Daddy's MVP" sweatshirt that we bought this time last year!
Tuesday: My dinner with Kate and Craig's sister's first home basketball game at the high school which I am assuming he will be taking Natalie to that night.
Wednesday: Cross Country meet in the afternoon.  Luckily the meet starts around 4:30 or 4:45 so I'm home by 6:30 which is really nice.  I also have the last game of my own personal volleyball league at 7:30 or 8:15 that night.
Thursday: Craig's first 8th grade basketball game.
Friday: NOTHING
Saturday: NOTHING
Sunday: Kate's baby shower!

A picture to share:
This is my middle brother Mike who is eight years older than me.  He is Natalie's godfather and has been living in Maine with his wife Laura Renee for the past five years.  He is right now in the process of moving home permanently and should actually be pulling into town with the U-Haul sometime today!  It's going to be so wonderful to have my whole family back in town and close by.

No comments: