Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Day Book



Outside my window...it is 7:25am and unfortunately, Natalie does not quite yet understand Daylight Savings Time nor does she know how to read a clock.  It's a little cloudy outside and there's finally a chill in the air.

I am thinking...that I got a lot of stuff accomplished last week so hopefully I won't have nearly as much on my "to do" list this week.

I am thankful for...a lazy weekend where we don't have any set in stone plans.

From the learning rooms...I start Cross Country practices tomorrow and we have our first meet on Wednesday afternoon.  I sincerely hope that our 8th grade boys can win the district title again this year.

From the kitchen...Craig made homemade fried chicken tenders last night and they were pretty good!

I am wearing...sweatpants and a big t-shirt.

I am creating...so many organization systems for the house - all of Natalie's clothes are in big rubbermaid containers that are labeled appropriately and next on my list of organizational tasks is to clean out our wrapping paper storage bin and put away all the Halloween and fall decor.

I am going...to go to TWO baby showers in the next two weeks - one for my college roomie Lauren and the other my mother and I are putting together for my good friend and Natalie's godmother Kate.  There has definitely been a "baby boom" the last few years with all my friends!

I am reading...The Girl Who Played With Fire...still.  On Friday night I stayed home with the sick baby girl and Craig went to the Stars game with his good friend Brian.  After I put Natalie to bed I ran a hot bubble bath and relaxed in the tub while reading my book.  I've still got a long ways to go in it - I have to take my time because there are a lot of complicated character interactions and connections and I don't want to miss out on any important information.

I am hoping...that my mom and I are able to put together a beautiful baby shower for Kate.  She hosted BOTH my baby and my wedding showers and I want to repay the love that she has shown me in the past few years.

I am hearing...Dora the Explorer.  Natalie isn't really interested in watching television right now - she's more involved in crawling around the floor and trying to take Daddy's shoe with her.

Around the house...we have a Christmas tree up in our living room.  Yes.  I know that it's only November 6th.  What can I say?  My husband LOVES the holidays - even more now that we have Natalie.  We have a large tree that we've kept in the living room for the past few years with all the presents underneath it but with Natalie so mobile and in love with crinkly paper, we decided to move the "present" tree into the dining room where she doesn't travel.  But Craig still likes to bask in the glow of Christmas tree lights as he watches television in the living room so we bought a small four foot tree to sit on a table out of the reach of chubby little baby hands.

One of my favorite things...I don't love my baby being sick.  She doesn't sleep well and our normally easy going little girl cries at every little thing BUT there is one great side of an under the weather baby girl.  The cuddling.  She is not really a "snuggly" baby on a normal day - she likes to be on the move.  But last night she was running a low grade fever and was totally sniffly and pathetic looking - I curled up with her on my chest under a blanket on the couch and watched football.  She didn't ever fall totally asleep but just lay there and rested.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Craig doesn't start basketball games until next week and I have a cross country meet on Wednesday evening.  I have a baby shower on Saturday afternoon and that's about it!

A picture to share:
Although Natalie isn't a snuggler....this little puppy girl is ALWAYS up for a good cuddle.

No comments: