Thursday, September 8, 2011

Halloween

One of the things that Craig and I were most excited about when we found out we were pregnant was the idea of celebrating holidays with Natalie.  I've never been a big Halloween person because I don't like dressing up and I'm not big candy and chocolate fan.  But with Natalie around this year we are definitely getting more into the holiday spirit - Craig insisted the other day at Target that we start decorating for Halloween around the house. 

It's a good thing that I find his boyish enthusiasm for holiday decorating endearing and cute because rearranging my house and tacky holiday decor is probably at the top of my pet peeve list.

I seriously hate taking things down and replacing them with decorations THAT DON'T MATCH anything that I have in my house.  So I've been searching on Pinterest for holiday ideas that are cheap and fashionable at the same time.  I haven't quite figured out how to properly load pictures straight from Pinterest onto my Blogger site.
Black thumbtacks pushed into a pumpkin.  Easy to do the "N" for our last name.

I love this one - all I need is some paint and maybe some sort of finishing gloss to set it?!  I can do our names or initials and set it out on the porch....and by this time next year that would be an easy and creative activity to do with Natalie.

Place stickers all around the pumpkin and then paint the entire thing black.  Super cute.

I love candy corn and this would be so simple to do with some spray paint - I could use fake pumpkins and reuse them every year!

I still have a few hurricane vases left over from our wedding rehearsal and my absolute favorite thing about Halloween is candy corn.  This is such a cute idea although I would have a hard time not eating the candy!

Again - something cute for the mantle or entryway table.  I could use things I already have and use scrapbooking supplies and ribbon for the letters.

I have a feeling at some point in time our house might be used for some sort of Halloween party and I LOVE this look.  The shades of black, gray and white look so much classier than orange and black (which always reminds me of a prison uniform).

I have a couple of pots on the front porch with fake flowers (eek!) from our wedding (which was a year and a half ago!) that desperately need to be replaced.  I could easily get a few pumpkins and paint them like above and set them out on the porch.

A different variation on the apothecary jars above.

I love this look - easy to do with a glue gun and some fun ribbon!  It could be a centerpiece on the kitchen or coffee table.

That's all I have for right now.  Now it's just a matter of putting these plans into action and seeing if I can recreate any of these ideas!  I'll keep you posted!

Does anyone else feel the pressure to be Martha freaking Stewart around the holidays?!  And does anybody else absolutely dread holiday season because of that pressure?!

It's just me?  Oh.  Okay.  Hmm....

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh! LOVVVEEE those ideas!!! Thank ya! :)