Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day Booking

It's been an ugly weekend.  A tough few days.  Emotionally exhausting and draining.  But we're alive and ready for face another week.  In order to prepare myself, I'm doing my daybook a day early so that I can sort through everything swirling around my little brain.


Outside my window......it's SNOWING!  The weather took a cold turn on Friday evening and we've actually had to use Natalie's assortment of jackets and hats to keep her warm.

I am thinking......of solutions and trying to ignore the negativity.

I am thankful......that I was able to go to the Kelly Clarkson concert with my friend Emily on Friday night.  I think that Kelly and I might actually be the same person just in two separate bodies.  Seriously.  Her albums Breakaway and My December totally chronicled all my ups and downs of dating during my early twenties.  I can remember the emotional day when I moved home from college at the end of my senior year and right after a terrible break up with my co-dependent and abusive boyfriend David.  I sat in the driveway of my parent's house with my mother and sobbed while Behind These Hazel Eyes played from the dashboard.

In the kitchen......Craig and I were bad this weekend and ate out most of the time.  Mexican food last night, IHOP this morning and Red Robin tonight.  Oh well.  We went grocery shopping tonight so I'll be cooking some this week........but nothing too major.

I am wearing......a big t-shirt of Craig's - it's what I sleep in every night.

I am creating......Today I put together Natalie's Valentine's Day gifts for her friends at Ms. Rebecca's.  Each little boy is getting a pink sack with Play-Doh, three little bouncy balls and two sticky frogs.  Do you know how hard it is to find Valentines trinkets for little boys that don't involve chocolate or candy?!  Natalie is also going to write a little card to each boy thanking them for their friendship and how well they all take care of her.

I am going......to not get my hopes up about the snow and "wintry mix" weather that we're supposed to get tonight.  I'm going to go ahead and assume that we will be having school tomorrow.

I am wondering......why Ajax doesn't like wearing clothes but Angie does.  Strange dogs.

I am reading......I read 1Peter today as part of my Bible Study but I also just started The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant who also wrote The Red Tent which I loved.

I am hoping......this week is a fresh start and I can get to a different place than I did last week.

I am looking forward to......seeing my college roommate Lauren on Wednesday afternoon and meeting her little boy Bennett.

I am learning......about friendship.

Around the house......there are books strewn everywhere.  No, not mine and certainly not Craig's.  Natalie's new favorite thing to play with are books.  She will sit there and turn the pages back and forth while babbling to herself.  When we go out to dinner I bring a small little board book and she will sit in her high chair and flip through the pages quietly pausing occasionally to eat a piece of cheese or bread.  It's pretty much as cute as it sounds.

I am pondering......what Jennifer is going to say about the book of Peter during this Bible Study.  Having gone through one of her awesome studies before, while reading the book I was trying to figure out what she would be discussing about each section.

A favorite quote for today......I've been listening to Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" a lot lately since it seems to somewhat calm Natalie down at 2:00 in the morning.  And of course it's obviously fitting to sing once she does finally fall asleep - hallelujah.

One of my favorite things......Natalie's special Valentine's Day outfit that I found for her today.  I went to the Once Upon a Child resale shop that is super close to our house and I found her some cute black leggings, a little denim skirt and a pink striped shirt with a simple heart in the middle........and of course a pink matching bow.  She's going to look adorable on Tuesday.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have Bible Study on Tuesday night, volleyball on Wednesday and then Craig has his 8th grade basketball tournament on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

No comments: