Monday, January 30, 2012

Taco Bar

For my mother's birthday yesterday I invited my entire family over for a taco bar.  It's easy to make and satisfies most palates.  I should have gotten pictures of the spread but I was a little busy corralling two dogs, one baby and directing traffic through the kitchen.

Number of people: 
8 adults (me, Craig, mom, dad, 2 brothers and 2 sisters-in-law)
2 children (nephews aged 8 and almost 5)
1 baby (10.5 months)
and baby Ian (5 months) but he isn't ready for tacos yet

The menu:
Crock Pot Shredded Chicken (6 chicken breasts + seasonings + chicken broth)
Two pounds of ground beef + taco seasoning packets
Three cups of minute rice + lime juice + cilantro
Two cans of black beans
Two cans of refried beans
Two packets of tortillas

The sides:
Grated cheese
Guacamole
Sour cream
Pico de gallo
Salsa
Lettuce

Beverages:
Soda (Sprite and Dr. Pepper)
Pink Lemonade
Riesling and Pinot Gricio
Dos Equis
Margaritas

Mike, me, Mom, Dad and Stephen

Natalie helping Mom open up her present.

That's about all the pictures I took of the event but it was actually really lovely to have the entire family over at my house.  

Now onto planning Valentine's Day, our anniversary and of course, the all important first birthday party.

No comments: