Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Day Book

Taken from my friend Molly who found it here.

Outside my window...it is 12:16 and we are in the midst of an excrutiatingly hot summer.  Luckily our yard is still green and pretty but our flowers are fading fast. 

I am thinking...that this evening is going to be pretty exciting in the Nelson household.  We're stripping down Natalie to her diaper and feeding her some rice cereal.  I'll be sure to get lots of pictures.

I am thankful for...our pediatrician.  She is knowledgable but flexible and always encouraging.  Newest reports are saying that starting rice cereal should be put off until after 6 months because introducing solid foods too early is possibly related to childhood obesity.  Although our doctor knows and understands that thinking, she was also able to look at Natalie's build and listened to our issues with her waking up at 4am and decided that it be in Natalie's best interest if we were to go ahead and start her on solids.  Hurray!

From the learning rooms...I can't believe we only have a month left of summer - it feels like we were just having final exams.  Volleyball camp starts either next week or the week after and I can't say that I'm upset about missing it.  I would just rather be at home with Natalie.

From the kitchen...I was going to make taco salad last night but Craig didn't pick up the right size tortillas so we had tacos instead.

I am wearing...no make-up and a ponytail.  And maybe some bags under my eyes.  I sure am hoping that this rice cereal helps her sleep through the night.

I am creating...plans for volleyball in my head.  I need some t-shirt ideas.

I am going...to go over to my friend Beri's house this afternoon to look through her daughter's clothes to see if there is anything I can use for Natalie this fall and winter.

I am reading...Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - we're starting chapter 16 tonight and after we finish, I will begin reading The Chamber of Secrets to her.

I am hoping...that the rice cereal helps.  I cannot stress this enough.

I am hearing...Natalie's grunts from her pack 'n play.  She desperately wants to roll over from back to front but her shoulder keeps getting in her way.

Around the house...not too terribly much.  It's a little more cluttered than I would like because we are in the last few weeks before Craig's big basketball tournaments.

One of my favorite things...knowing that my daughter has my body type.  I know that she will grow at her own rate and whatever size she ends up being will be perfect for her...but I want her to be tall and lean like me.  Last fall as I was watching FMHS play MHS in volleyball, a mother from the opposing team walked past me in the bleachers and I knew exactly who her daughter was - from the build, to the blond hair to the shape of their bright blue eyes, it was unmistakable that they were mother and daughter.  This mother sat alone in the stands behind me, several rows up and every so often I would turn to glance at her.  She had her hands clasped tightly in front of her chin while leaning forward, elbows on her knees.  You could tell she was living every moment of that game with her daughter.  Not THROUGH her daughter...but alongside her.  When her daughter killed the ball, the mother rejoiced but when her daughter made a blocking error the mother felt the frustration as well.  That's what I want for Natalie and I someday - for people to recognize that we are mother and daughter and for me to be able to watch my daughter play a game that she loves.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Craig will be busy the next few weeks with basketball tournaments and he will be staying the next two weekends up in Frisco so that he can cut down on travel time.  I am going to stay the night at my parent's house on Saturday night just because it's really no fun to be at the house by myself for two nights in a row.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...from the NKOTBSB concert
I'm not sure why AJ McLean is lying on the ground...but I must say, he was a MUCH better singer than I ever gave him credit for.

"Because I want it that way...tell me why?  Ain't nothing but a mistake..."

The New Kids on the Block

More New Kids...and a note to Donnie...nothing says "Public Enemy" like bedazzling.  I'm sure you've just made Chuck D very proud.

Instead of the New Kids coming out for their finale in their usual Boston garb, they chose an homage to the recent championship win by the Mavericks.

Oh Donnie.  You have redeemed yourself for the bedazzling.  Thank you.

No comments: