Sunday, June 5, 2011


First of all, I have to congratulate myself...this is my 200th post on my blog.  If you have been with me from the start, or if you have an unreasonably LARGE amount of time on your hands and have read back through all my posts to the might have noticed that my life has changed considerably in the past few years. 

In the spring of 2007, I had sworn off all men, still lived on my own, drove a little hot rod Acura named Delilah and partied WAY too much.  Fast forward four years and I have a mortgage, an SUV, a husband and baby...and can't remember the last time I stayed out past 10:00.  Of course there are certain things I miss about that life - the absolute freedom was, at times exhilarating and empowering...but so is watching Natalie splash around in her bath and waiting breathlessly for her to have her first real belly laugh.

Originally, this post was going to be about something completely different and totally fun...but then I started writing and felt I had to acknowledge the momentous occassion of a 200th post...and then Natalie pooped and it all went downhill from there.

I guess all I have to add in here is that we have three and a half days of school left and then the whole summer to play with my baby and watch her grow each and everyday.  Our last weekend of the school year has so far, gone very well.  We drove down to my parent's house on Friday afternoon to pick up both our daughters who had spent the day there and my parent's treated us to a dinner at Outback Steakhouse.  Saturday morning we all got up very early and got showered, dressed and ready for the day.  Craig had a basketball tournament and Natalie and I decided to go to the first game.  She looked super cute in a pink onesie, jean shorts, white socks and her pink Converse tennis showes.  During the first half of the game she sat in my lap facing the court and she was really watching and paying well as a three month old can.  But apparently the game wasn't THAT exciting because she fell asleep during halftime and only woke up after the game because her daddy wanted to get her in the Team Texas post game huddle.  I headed home shortly after that and Natalie, Angie and I had a great big afternoon nap which was lovely and once Craig came home I handed her off so that I could go lay by the pool for a bit.  Craig and Natalie joined me once the sun had set far enough in the west so that the pool in our backyard was shaded completely by the house.  She really loves the water - she kicks and splashes and grins the whole time.  Hopefully she will be a water baby like her momma, Nonna and great Grandma.  I cooked dinner last night and it was delicious - tilapia, crescent rolls, zucchini and mashed potatoes.  Unfortunately, Natalie woke up last night at midnight, 2:00 and 4:00...I think we need to feed her a bit more food before bedtime because she was a very hungry little monster.

That's about was such a perfect "summery" Saturday afternoon that it's absolutely insane that we have to go back tomorrow and then three more days after that.

1 comment:

annajanine said...

Wow, things sure have changed for you! More and more chapters added to your great book of life :). And I'm so relaxed just reading about your evening in the pool with your family...ahh...