Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Monday Day Book...on a Wednesday

Ahh...summer has officially set in.  You know how I know?  I had to ask what day it was today.  And apparently, it's a Wednesday.  Whoops.  So I'm a little late with my Day Book, but I have a feeling it won't be the only time this summer that this happens.

Taken from my friend Molly who found it here.


Outside my window...it's hot.  It's dry.  It's summer in Texas.

I am thinking...that I should probably wake Natalie up from her nap so that she will be able to go back to sleep in a little while when it'sher bedtime...but nah.  I'll wait until I finish this post.

I am thankful for...Operation Kindness in Carrollton.  They put out a message on Facebook that they needed some beach towels so I took five of our old ones and donated them for the puppy dogs to use.  I had tears in my eyes as I left the building because the last time I had left that building I had been leaving with a very scared Angie sitting in my lap after we adopted her.  It will be two years on Monday, June 20th that we adopted her.  Don't worry...she will be getting a post all her own.

From the learning rooms...nothing because school is out for summer!  Finally.  We are the absolute last school district in the state of Texas to be releasing for summer vacation and apparently the district heard our frustrations because we will be done with school before June next year.

From the kitchen...Craig has busted out the grilling skills the last couple of days and we have had grilled pork chops and grilled barbeque chicken in the past few days and YUM!  Tomorrow I am putting together a big lasagna with salad and bread for my friend Michelle who had a little girl Kendall a few weeks ago. 

I am wearing...a sleeping baby across my chest.  I remember when she was first born how her entire body fit from my belly button to my collarbone but now she is sprawled from my sternum down to my mid thigh.

I am creating...a cleaner and more organized house - first up?!  Cleaning out our closets and drawers.

I am going...to the dentist tomorrow for the first time in a very long time. 

I am reading...I Remember You by Harriet Evans and I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of June so I can start on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo in July.

I am hoping...that my friend Jill and I have a great time on Saturday evening at the Chelsea Handler comedy show. 

I am hearing...baby snores.

Around the house...Martha comes on Friday which makes me very happy.  There are so many little projects that I would like to get accomplished but we have to wait until Craig gets clearance for his arm before he can start on any of them.  It is way harder to get things done when there is a little munchkin to watch.

One of my favorite things...a guilty pleasure starts up tonight - Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC.  Great summer television.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I'm taking dinner over to my friend Michelle's house in the evening.  On Saturday night I am going to Chelsea Handler with my friend Jill and then on Sunday we are celebrating Craig's very first Father's Day!  And Monday is a very special day - Angie's two year birthday (well...she is older than two, but it has been two years since we adopted her) and she is going to have her Nonna, Grandaddy and cousin pups Andy and Annabelle come over and go swimming.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...I have no picture this week because all the files from my computer got lost when the techies had to reboot my computer after it got infected.  Don't worry - all my pictures are saved on a flash drive...which is in my purse...which is across the room...which isn't worth waking up a baby to go over and get.

No comments: