I am okay with this.
I am actually MORE than okay with this.
Most of the friends that I run around with in our little town are in their thirties. I'm the baby of the group.
I hate being the youngest.
But I do love lists. And accomplishing things.
So this is what I'm doing in the year before I turn thirty. It's not a static list. It's not even a completed list. I will add things here and there. I will blog about the adventures. Or I might not. But I'm going to be proactive and try to step out of my comfort zone before I hit the big 3-0.
Here's what I have thus far:
1. Eat at a Chinese buffet. - DONE
2. Spend five minutes in The Anger Room.
3. Do some touristy stuff in DFW (Holocaust Museum and the Sixth Floor Museum).
4. Read a "classic" novel that I cliff noted in high school - DONE (The Great Gatsby)
5. Take one of those group painting classes.
6. Send birthday cards to all my friends celebrating 30 in the upcoming year.
7. Refinish one major piece of furniture for my home.
8. Eat at
9. Take a cooking class.
10. Volunteer at an animal shelter.
11. Write meaningful letters to all my immediate family members.
12. Attend the Blissdom blogger conference in March. (It's five minutes from my house. I have no excuse NOT to go!)
13. Forgive. Move on. (Toughest one on the list.)
I'll add things here or there as they come up and I'll blog about some of the things I've done. But I'm already working on a few - attending the Blissdom conference and sending cards to my friends. There are some that Craig is totally on board with - the touristy stuff and eating at new restaurants. There are some that he is a bit skeptical of - The Anger Room and attending Blissdom.
We shall see.