Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Years Resolutions

For many years, my yearly resolution was to turn in my Blockbuster rentals on time as to avoid the late fees. Then, Blockbuster made it easy for me by eliminating late fees...somehow though, I still managed to go past the alloted rental time and had to pay a few hefty fees to the Blockbuster establishment. I still tried to make this resolution each year because I was avoiding making the resolution I really needed to make...quitting smoking. But this year, thanks to a very influential statement made by Craig and the full week being out of commision induced by an erupting appendix, I quit this summer. Already, I've noticed a change in my life by making that decision - most importantly, Craig and I bought a house and moved in together, which would not have happened had I not quit.

So...what is up for the resolution this year? Seeing as how there is a very real chance of a large and significant piece of jewelry being placed on my hand in the near future, I figured it might be time to stop biting my nails once and for all. I have chewed on my nails, as well as pens, gum, sunflower seeds etc. since I was a little kid...especially when I got nervous or bored. Freud would have a field day with my oral fixation! But this is the year - I've got a good motivation to quit and I know I have the willpower because of quitting smoking. Hopefully, I'll be able to show off a pretty new ring with a pretty and natural manicure!

1 comment:

MamaZam said...

My resolution was start a blog.

Check.

Now what am I supposed to do for the remaining 11 3/4 months left in 2009? Work on being a better wife and mother?? As if. I'm perfect and everyone knows you can't improve upon perfection. Suggestions?

I heart you Laura. Check out my new blog... I'm still working on it, but I think it's coming along nicely.