Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Drive By Posting

- I've been circulating Alex Clare's "Too Close," Florence and the Machine's "Breath of Life" and Ellie Goulding's "Lights" on my iPod lately.  I can't get enough of those songs.

- There was a dance party in my kitchen and living room last night.  All family members participated.

- I do have my moments of brilliance.  The latest one was hiring the fifteen year old girl down the street (who I used to coach) as a "mother's helper" every week this summer for two hours.....or more if we need her during tournament preparation.  I was able to put down nice shelf liner in all the cabinets that we use on a daily basis.  Hopefully next Monday when she is here I will finish the rest of the kitchen and Craig will take those two hours to organize and clean out the garage.

- Craig surprised me with an early birthday present yesterday.  I will be flying out to Seattle on July 10th to see my very best friend Amy for four whole days all by myself!  After I wiped the tears from my eyes when reading my flight itinerary, I started getting a little nervous about leaving Natalie.  This will be the longest I'll have been away from her since she was born.  But then I think about the fact that Amy and I will be visiting my own personal version of Mecca (the original Starbucks) and scouting for vampires and werewolves in Forks, Washington.......and I get excited again.

- Natalie has been to two "gymnastics" classes at the WinKids near our house (kind of like Gymboree) and she definitely gets an A+ in climbing and bravery but probably a C- in following directions.  She is definitely a determined little girl who likes to stick to her own plan.  I don't know where she gets that from.

- My hand is healing up nicely; the wound has closed over and I'll be getting my stitches out Monday.  It's still a little sore at times, kind of like I've pulled a muscle and there is still some numbness in the very tip of my middle finger.  Natalie likes to flip over my  hand and feel my stitches while very seriously saying "boo boo."

- For Father's Day, Natalie is spending tonight at her Grandmama's house while Craig and I go to dinner and a movie.  We're going to see Rock of Ages and Craig, being a teenager during the 80s, is super psyched.

- I've got so many posts saved as drafts that I have to finish up....topics ranging from change, siblings, being 15 months and so much more....but right now since the munchkin is napping, I'm going to catch up on television while I fold laundry and clean up my bedroom.  Exciting stuff, I know.


1 comment:

Erin said...

What an amazing birthday present! As a girl with a best friend living in another country I totally get how insanely amazing that gift is! Glad y'all had a nice weekend!