Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Week 8

July 26 - August 1, 2010

How far along?
Just finished 8 weeks - listened to the baby's heartbeat on Monday at the doctor's office!

How big is baby?
This week baby is as big as a raspberry, or about half an inch long. I had to show Craig what a raspberry looks like when were were in the grocery store last week.

What am I creating this week?I was a slacker this week...I didn't look anything up about baby. I think I was so enamored with the fact that I heard the actual heartbeat that I didn't really care about anything else.

How am I feeling?This week was much better than last week. I was able to get some anti-nausea medicine from the doctor and that has definitely been helping. It took a few days to get approved by my health insurance company, but it was well worth the wait. I feel much more confident about going to Europe now that I have this medicine. I've also been much more productive with this medicine in me which helps my emotional state of mind. I thought that I would really love sitting around, doing nothing while Craig took care of things around the house, but it was actually really horrible. We function as a team and work together to keep the house running and I hated feeling like I was letting him down. Now that I feel good enough to get up and do things, I'm much happier because I feel like I am contributing more to the housework.

What's circulating in my brain?Nothing of too much importance. Obviously hearing the heartbeat was a pretty big moment in our lives and I am so glad that we got to share that "first" together. I think it hit him a little harder that we are going to have a little human in just a few short months. I find the whole science of it absolutely crazy - this baby is going to be totally unique because it will be the only person in the world to have a particular mix of Craig and my DNA. Even if we have another child, they each will have different characteristics of both of us...yet will be solely their own person. It's just unbelievable that this little creature that is only 1/2 an inch long will someday be a grown adult like me. It's incredibly mind blowing and I don't know how people can have children and not believe in God and His love for us.


How is Craig dealing with the crazy?
He has been dealing with his own personal crazy because he just finished up his BIG NCAA certified basketball tournament, the Girls of Summer. This was the first year that I actually got to help work the tournament because in the past two years I've either had appendicitis or volleyball camp. I was in charge of checking in college coaches and I must admit, I was a pretty proud little wife when the University of Texas recruiter came in and paid his money for the coaches packet. Craig ended up having 82 teams participating in the tournament as well as approximately 80 college coaches there recruiting. It was a lot of work for him and his two buddies, Ron and Ricky, but I am so, so, so proud of him. Building this tournament into a "big deal" is a huge goal of his and what made me even happier was that when he came home with his payment from the tourney, his first comment about the money was "I'm going to pay off the Best Buy bill and then put the rest in savings for the baby."

What's Angie up to?Angie has had a stressful few days. Craig stayed up near the tournament on Friday night to hang out with some of the college coaches he is good friends with and since it was the first night for me to take my new medicine, I was a little nervous about staying alone. My mom came up around 6:00 on Friday night and we had the best time eating dinner at Chili's, chatting with my friend Emily, walking the dog and talking about Baby. Angie on the other hand, was VERY confused as to why her Nonna was staying at the house and not her daddy. Her befuddlement grew as my mother and I started laying out clothes for our trip to Europe. She knows that something is different and she has her worried face on...a lot. But she will get through this with the help of her cousin dogs with whom she will be staying for the two weeks that we will be gone.

No comments: