Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week 7

July 19 - July 25, 2010

How far along?
Just finished up the 7th week and looking forward to our 8 week appointment (complete with sonogram hopefully) on Monday!

How big is baby?
Baby is the size of a blueberry.


What am I creating this week?
The arm and leg buds are starting to show up this week - hopefully long legs for basketball and volleyball!


How am I feeling?
This week was pretty terrible. I worked the high school volleyball tournament from 8:00 until 3:30 everyday and it wore me out. I had a lot of morning (and evening) sickness and getting up and ready in the morning took a LONG time. I'm so thankful that I am in my first trimester during the summer and that I don't have to get up and go do a job during this time. I don't mind having a head cold and being stuffed up, but I absolutely detest being nauseous. Ugh. Tuesday night was pretty bad so I ended up taking Wednesday off from volleyball camp and stayed home to take care of myself. I felt a little bit guilty leaving the other coaches short staffed, but I had to put my health first.

What's circulating in my brain?
I've been pretty overwhelmed this week between volleyball camp, feeling sick and the prospect of our two week Europe trip looming over my head. And then as soon as we come home from that, we immediately start school again. It's a bit much to take in, but at least I know that my school year will essentially end in the middle of March when I have this baby.

How is Craig dealing with the crazy?
Oh Craig. He has been phenomenal this week. From bringing me chicken noodle soup, water, grapes and apples to waking up at midnight to help me up off the floor of the bathroom when I feel sick. He has really stepped up to the plate and has made me realize that he "gets" it now. I think now that I'm really starting to feel the effects of this baby, he is doing everything and anything he can to make life easier for me. I don't have a lot of energy due to just being pregnant in the first trimester, but also in addition to my tummy never feeling quite right. He is totally taking care of the house and making sure that the messes stay contained, the bills get paid and Angie is fed. Love, love, love him this week.

What's Angie up to?
Angie is earning her wings up in heaven. If I'm up at night, she's up at night. The other night when I was in the spare bathroom at midnight, she was right next to me on the floor and putting her head on my lap when possible. I can tell she is worried about me and I think that she definitely "knows" that something is different about Mom. She really has been an angel to me this week by being the best little nurse.

No comments: