Friday, May 28, 2010

Just a little bored

1. Spell my name as it sounds: Loruh

2. Am I a worrier? Absolutely and without a doubt. I go through every conceivable outcome of every situation just so that I can be prepared for whatever might happen.

3. What’s my favorite CD? Kings of Leon - Only by the Night. It is the first cd in MANY years where I have to listen to every single song. There is such a raw angst in Followill's lyrics and voice.

4. Favorite color(s)? Light green and turquoise. But not together.

5. Does my home have an attic? Yes...but there really isn't anything interesting up there.

6. Have I ever been to Canada? Yes. I went on a cruise up the Inlet Passage to Alaska with my parents when I was 11 and we stopped off in Vancouver on the way home and stayed a few days.

7. Have I ever gone fishing? Nope. And I don't have any plans to go anytime soon.

8. Have I ever seen a celebrity? Yes: Bay Bay Bay from Charm School on VH1, Michael Irvin of the Cowboys and I hugged ALL FIVE of the New Kids on the Block.

9. Have I ever been on a motorcycle? Not with it turned on.

10. How much money do I have on me right now? None - all my money is in my wallet which is across the room.

11. How many cars have I owned? Four: 1998 white Chevy Cavalier (named Diablo), 2003(?) champagne Kia Optima, 2006 gray Acura TSX (named Delilah) and a 2010 GMC Acadia (named Ginny...short for Genvieve). Don't ask about the names.

12. How many jobs have I had? Lifeguard at NRH2O (three summers), Daycare worker at YMCA (Senior year), one terrible Christmas break at Abercrombie, Daycare worker at Children's Courtyard (four years in college), teacher and coach at three separate middle schools.

13. How tall am I? Six feet flat.

14. Last person to call me: My friend Emily called this afternoon - I need to call her back.

15. Last thing I yelled out loud: I have no idea...probably something about Angie.

16. Last person I was in a car with: Craig

17. Last time I ate at McDonald’s: Last week - I was on a fast food binge. I love a good Big Mac.

18. Last thing I bought: Can't really remember, but it was nothing exciting or interesting that's for sure.

19. Last person I saw: Craig when we were washing Angie in the bathtub.

20. Last time I cried: Driving home from the hospital on a Friday night after I had left Craig in the hospital room for the night with complications from his knee surgery.

21. Last time I laughed: Washing the dog with Craig - Angie has such an expressive face and she was totally pissed the entire time she was getting bathed.

22. What is the temperature outside? Too hot to be out there...even at 10:00 at night.

23. What time of the day did I get married? I think the ceremony was at 5:00 pm.

24. What did I do two nights ago? I was playing two hours of volleyball with my Wednesday night ladies league. My arm was crazy sore the next day, but it's always worth it.

25. Who’s birthday is coming up next? Mine is up next in August! And Craig's mom's is in July and his sister's is in August too. And Jennifer's is in July.

26. What time did I go to bed last night? Way too late. I couldn't fall asleep because I was so worried about Field Day today.

27. What was the first thing I thought this morning? What do I need to do in order to be ready for four hours out in the heat with 200 sixth grade students?

28. What are my plans for this weekend? Not a whole lot on Saturday - mainly some yard work and laundry. Sunday I'm going to see Wicked with some girls from my old school and then we're going to attempt to barbeque on Monday for Memorial Day.

29. Lemonade or iced tea? Easy. Lemonade.

30. What do I dislike at this moment? That the wonderful school district that is keeping me employed during this rough economic time is keeping us in school longer than any other district in the entire universe. Summer still seems so far away.

31. What did I dream about last night? Nothing that I can remember. The other night I had a great dream that I was sitting on my bed catching up with an old friend. Made me want to reach out and contact her.

32. What’s the last TV show I watched? Millionaire Matchmaker episode that I had skipped during the season.

33. What is my favorite piece of jewelry? Duh. My engagement and wedding rings.

34. Am I a dancer? Um. Not a good one. But after a few drinks, I'll give it the ol' college try.

35. Have I ever cut my own hair? No. That wouldn't have a positive outcome.

36. What is my favorite treat? I love Tiramisu.

37. How many piercings/tattoos do I have? My pierced ears and the word "passione" (passion in Italian) on my left hip. Eventually I would like to get "resistenza" (strength in Italian) on the other hip. Maybe after childbirth the thought of the needle going in and out of my skin causing great pain...won't be so painful.

38. Where’s my favorite place to be? On vacation with Craig because we are such good travel buddies...we know we're both out for relaxation and not necessarily trips packed full of events.

39. Is there someone I haven’t seen in a while and miss? Obviously my deceased relatives but also my middle brother Mike who lives in Maine. I also miss my friend of many years, Kristin. I did her wrong and I've grown up and I would like to know her as an adult now...instead of as a selfish, ignorant child (myself...not her).

40. Who was the last text I sent to? Craig - I asked him if he wanted to come upstairs and watch Criminal Minds and cuddle. He said that he would rather watch his tornado show. Hmph.

41. Do I care what strangers think about me? I want them to see me as kind, generous and authentic.

42. Last person I talked to on Instant Messenger: I don't IM. I have enough technology that keeps me connected with the world.

43. Last person to make me cry: Craig being in the hospital...and the prayers that I was sending up to my Grandma to watch over him when I couldn't be there.

44. Who can I tell anything to? Probably Craig or my mom. But definitely Angie - she never tells my secrets.

45. What am I doing tomorrow? Sleeping. Sleeping. Sleeping.

46. Do I have alcohol in my home? Just my favorite wines. The Pinot Grigio and the Riesling.

47. Do I like ketchup? You should see me and Jill (my assistant coach) at the drive through at Chick Fil-A. There isn't enough ketchup in that entire restaurant that would satiate our insane need for that particular condiment.

48. Do I think I will be on a vacation this summer? Absolutely. Two weeks in Europe for my birthday.

49. What color is my master bathroom? Not the color I would paint it. It's currently a maroon color but I would prefer something MUCH lighter.

50. Do I wear a bikini at the beach? Yeah, but I'm terribly self-conscious about it.

51. Have I ever been to the Grand Canyon? Flown over it on the way to Vegas.

52. What is my favorite fruit? Pears.

53. What did I really want to do today? Be on our summer vacation away from children and early mornings.

54. Am I always cold? I am more cold than hot and I HATE being cold. Love the heat.

55. Does it annoy me when someone says they’ll call or text, but don’t? Not really. I get more mad at myself when I don't call or text people back when I'm supposed to because I know that it is annoying to other people.

No comments: