Saturday, November 14, 2009

Wedding Update

A few months back, Craig and I were updating our calendar and kind of talking about what still needed to be done for the wedding and we chose an open Saturday to go take care of invitations, rings and tuxes...today was that day. I'm happy to announce that we accomplished all three of those things with little to no complications!

We started out by going to a little boutique by our house called Celebrations and Invitations which is owned by the mother of an ex-athlete of both of ours and a current athlete of Craig's. Although the mom wasn't there, we worked with a salesperson to decide on a "look" for our invitation. I brought in an example of what I wanted - the invitation for my friend Chelsea's wedding which gave the saleslady an idea of what we wanted and where to start in creating our own invitation. I think she was a little surprised at how quickly I was able to figure out what I wanted. She mentioned that some girls will come in four or five times to narrow down their choices for invitations. That's ridiculous. I think what we're going to end up with is green backed ivory invitations with brown lettering and some sort of brown and green floral design on the invitation. It's going to be a single sided invitation - none of this unfolding stuff with 17 different parts. Very simple and clean.

After we left the invitations place we had to stop and get some fuel...in the form of Christina's mexican food. I knew that if I was going to keep Craig happy during our wedding adventure I had to keep his tummy full. We followed up lunch with a stop at Men's Wearhouse to look at tux rental but didn't stay long because they didn't have what I was looking for. On a side note...I really hate when I go into a store looking for something specific and when they don't have it they offer me something else. I'm a girl who knows what she wants and if I wanted that something else, I would have asked for it. For example, if I wanted a chocolate brown or ivory tux instead of tan...I would have asked for one. Grr.

After leaving Men's Wearhouse Craig and I went to the mall to get our wedding bands which we had already picked out but had not purchased. Lucky for me the band I wanted fit my finger perfectly so we were able to take it home today! Unfortunately, Craig has fat fingers and his had to be ordered and should come in some time before Christmas. Although I didn't want to, we dropped the ring off at his mom's house so that she can put it in the safe deposit box at the bank until the wedding...and so that I don't wear it around the house!!!

We headed to Al's Formal Wear in Southlake and almost immediately when I walked in the door they had the exact outfit that I want the boys to wear in the wedding. It's a tan suit (not a tux) with a little bit of texture and the guys will wear it with an ivory shirt and brown ties for the boys and a green one for Craig. We actually got a discount on the suit rentals for the guys because they won't be wearing the shoes that come with the rental...they will be wearing white Converse sneakers.

All in all, we got a lot done and it was relatively painless! Now time for catching up on DVR and napping with a puppy dog!

No comments: