Sunday, November 1, 2009

Lifesavers

These questions were stolen (with love) from the "Waiting for the Day" blog of my mother's friend Molly.

1) Your lifesaving food/beverage.
A Starbucks Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte...it tastes so good...once it hits your lips. But if I can't get there, any regular coffee loaded up with Sweet N Low and creamer will do. If it weren't for coffee at 7:30 am, I don't think my 8th grade volleyball players would have like me as much.




2) Your lifesaving article of clothing.
As a strictly PE teacher this year, I have the luxury of dressing in athletic clothes everyday...all day. Not only are these clothes my personal preference because of the comfiness, they might literally save my life due to the fact that since I do teach PE, I virtually have no reason NOT to work out anymore. So...every Tuesday and Thursday during Fitness Day, I'm running, jumping, pushing up and crunching right along with my 6th graders.


3) Your lifesaving movie/book/tv show/music.
I have vivid childhood memories of sitting in the living room watching Rhett and Scarlet as my mother vacuumed the house around me, only pausing once in awhile to reflect on her favorite parts of the movie. Once grown, I would fall asleep alone in my apartment every night to the comforting bickering of Scarlett and her sisters. Finally I read the book and realized the reason I had so passionately loved the movie for all those years - Scarlett was a woman with vivaciousness and determination...she spoke her mind and did things HER way and not necessarily the way people expected her to do. She has such an incredibly flawed personality despite her physical beauty and I think that because she was so human was the reason I fell in love with her persona at such a young age.


4) Your lifesaving friend.He's my best friend and has loved me when I couldn't love myself.








5) Your lifesaving moment.My Europe trip without my parents was the most liberating experience and made me realize that I am independent and capable of doing things for myself and on my own.

1 comment:

I'm Molly said...

I'm your friend now, too, because you are over 21. Feel free to steal anytime.