Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cooking Lesson

If I've said it once, I've said it a million times.

I have met the man of my dreams.

Unfortunately, all the characteristics about him that I love about this man are scattered throughout the many boys and the few men that I have dated.

Creating the man that I want to spend the rest of my life is like concocting an extremely difficult recipe.

Well, actually ANY recipe is extremely difficult for me. I had to call my mom and get directions on how to make grilled cheese sandwiches. No joke.

Anyways...here's the rundown on the boys...
David P: 6'4 and about 200 pounds of muscle and athleticism. Beautiful.
David B: Intelligence combined with ambition, as well as nice paychecks. (Shallow, but necessary)
Barry M and Quint M: Good Ol' Boy mentality. Perfectly comfortable grilling out by the lake, listening to Texas Country and playing football in the water.
Justin C: Good Catholic boy with manners who dotes on his mother and grandmother. My mother loved him. I believe that she had actually been planning the wedding since she placed us in the same Religious Education class in 9th grade.
Jordan H: Die hard liberal with a scathing sarcastic streak.
Zane W: Ahh. The illusive Aussie. Incredibly outgoing and free spirited, with a hint of habitual ADD. Always got us into bars and other establishments in downtown Ft. Worth ahead of the line and for free.

Listing out all the qualities about these guys that I loved makes me miss them...so in the effort of NOT contacting ex-boyfriends, I will list the qualities that were the deal breaker for me.

David P: Obsessive, alcoholic, abusive, emotionally immature. Need I say more?
David B: Too emotionally independent and uptight.
Barry M: Ambition? Never heard of the word.
Quint M: Radically different religious views.
Justin C: Everything was perfect with him...except there was no passion. I need passion and he couldn't deliver.
Jordan H: A great summer fling and then back to being friends.
Zane W: Ditto with Barry.

Please do not think poorly of these men, (except David P - feel free to get out your voodoo dolls) because with many of them...I think that it was just poor timing of where they and I were at in our individual lives. Thus creating a reason why it was never going to work out. I don't truly think that any of them are bad people or anything like that. I believe that finding "true love" is a combination of the right person at the right time. If I had met and dated these people at different times in our own lives, then quite possibly it could have worked out. But it wasn't and it didn't. I never repeated a grade in school and I apply the same attitude towards dating. If it didn't work out the first time, it won't work out...EVER.

No comments: