Sunday, August 9, 2009

Making Progress

Last Sunday I woke up with the stark realization that my summer vacation was quickly coming to a close. In addition to being sad that my days out by the pool with various friends were numbered, I was freaking out that my Summer Wedding To-Do list was wildly incomplete. So last week was devoted to getting things done so that I could fully enjoy this upcoming week doing everything I loved about summer which just means sleeping in, going to afternoon movies and lying by the pool with a good book (currently it is The Time Traveler's Wife).

I have...
- taken my dress to the tailor and it will be ready for pick up on August 22nd.
- picked up and stored my hair piece at my mother's house.
- found and bought turquoise Steve Madden flats to wear under my dress and stored them at my mother's house so that I will not be tempted to wear them!
- tentatively picked out bridesmaid dresses.
- scheduled bridal and engagement photos as well as the locations.
- dropped off our Save the Date cards to be printed.
- ALMOST finalized the guest list (c'mon Craig!!!)

Next up is...
- picking up the Save the Dates, addressing envelopes and putting them in the mail by the end of the month.
- finding hair and make-up for my bridal portraits.
- updating our vendor and cost list for Craig to review and then make money saving and payment plans.

I think that's all I can accomplish for this summer...if I do much more I'll be wiped out before volleyball season even starts. Having said that, I'm very excited to get the school year rolling, although I will miss my lazy summer days. I know that the sooner school starts, the closer we are to the wedding.

No comments: