Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

I hate Sunday nights.



I hate not having the luxury of being able to stay up a little late. Not that I can ever really make it past 11:00 on any given weekend...but I like to have the option of sleeping in the next morning if need be.



I hate the idea of having 5 days stretching out before me full of lesson planning, practices and general exhaustion.



The only thing that I look forward to on Sunday nights are my two guiltiest pleasures on VH1: Rock of Love and Tool Academy...but those season finales are quickly approaching.



So....in an effort to combat the bad mood that ultimately sets in towards my bedtime on Sunday evenings, I'm trying a new approach...



Week of: March 8th - March 14th

I am looking forward to...

- the first track meet. Despite the drama that has surrounded our track season in my school district, I still love sitting out in the warm weather in lawn chairs in the middle of the football field with my co-coaches and chatting while supporting our athletes. I'm also pretty psyched because our 7th grade athletes are pretty impressive when they run and jump...we actually could have a chance at the district level this year.

- SPRING BREAK!!!!! With all the drama that has occurred recently plus the hectic and non-stop schedule Craig and I have had since January, we definitely need a break.

- playing basketball again on Friday. I played a few weeks ago and although my skills were a bit rusty...I enjoyed the team atmosphere and just the satisfaction from knowing that "yeah...I still got it." Plus - Craig is coming and I gotta bring my A game.

- the U2 concert dates coming out and Craig and I making our travel plans to go see them...multiple times of course. He's pretty much the U2 equivalent to a Dead Head.



I wish I could fast forward through...

- this week's lesson plans. We're into Africa at this point in the curriculum and it is the most boring part of the year for me...and I assume for the kids as well.

- track practices after school. This part of the year is so difficult because it's just now getting warm here and it just makes it that much harder to stay after school and coach long and triple jump to 30 7th graders.



Right now I'm obsessed with...

- the Kings of Leon. Every song is so incredibly powerful - you can hear the passion and intensity dripping out of the singer's mouth and through your speakers. Check them out on your iTunes and listen to "Use Somebody" or "Sex on Fire" to get your first taste of the greatness.

- Strawberry Limeades from Sonic. The switchover from Starbucks to Sonic has officially occurred with the warm weather that has moved in. Unfortunately, the drinks are only heightening my already grave illness...the dreaded Spring Fever.



On my mind...

- micromanaging. I am an adult. I make good decisions. I am aware and in control of things that happen in and around my classroom. I have a degree. Please let me do my job and trust that I am capable of making the best decision for my students and athletes.

- a dog. I need one desperately. I think I might have finally convinced Craig to let me get one. I just want a small dog to follow me around, to cuddle with and who would listen to all the silly things that come out of my mouth. It's really a win-win situation because it would cut down on the time that Craig has to spend doing these things! :)



Hopefully this will help me mentally prepare for another week with a much better attitude than I usually have.

No comments: