Monday, August 5, 2013

Thirty for Thirty

On Wednesday I will turn thirty.....so here are thirty things you might not know about me!

1. I have only broken one bone in my life - my left forearm when I was five years old.  My middle brother shoved me head first into a trailer and I landed on my arm.

2. I hate mushrooms.  I think it has to do with the texture.

3. If I had to choose a last meal, I would have my mother cook me her full Thanksgiving feast complete with ham, cornbread dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.

4. At the end of my first full year in the classroom, I was one of three finalists for the district wide "New Teacher of the Year" award.

5. While I was in college (and even afterwards) I attended several midnight book releases and movie premieres of Harry Potter with my roomie at the time, Lauren.

6. My favorite sport to watch is football while baseball is so utterly boring to me.

7. When I was in 9th grade, my choir director called me an underachiever.  To my face.  In front of all my peers.

8. I only played volleyball in middle school because I hated being in off-season because all we did was run!

9. When I was very small, if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my answer was always, "a boy."

10. I slept with my favorite Cabbage Patch doll all through high school.

11. I've had braces three separate times - once in elementary school, once in junior high and then again during my sophomore year of college.

12. When I was in college, I was a member of the Pi Beta Phi sorority.  During my four years I served as Intramurals Chair (sophomore year) and Membership Chair (junior year) and then finally became a Rho Gamma (recruitment counselor) with my friend Chelsea, during rush my senior year.

13. When it comes to truly SERIOUS boyfriends...I've only had about three.  And I married the third one.

14. My favorite football player is Tim Tebow.  Don't hate.

15. I got stung on the cheek by a bee when I was in elementary school and my dad tried to "heal" it with bleach rubbed on the affected area.  I spent the entire summer with a big burn and scab on my cheek.

16. I have watched every single episode of every season of The Real Housewives of OC, Beverly Hills, New York and New Jersey.

17. When I graduated high school, I was six feet tall and 135 pounds.  One of those measurements is still true.

18. There are a lot of rules when I eat a meal - the most important being that my food does not touch.

19. In the past ten years, I have travelled to...Seattle, Antigua, the Bahamas, Florida, Maine, Las Vegas, Virginia, Oklahoma, London, Paris, Rome, Venice, Naples, Torino, Sorrento, Munich, Berlin and Amsterdam.

20. If given the choice, I would not wear pants.  Shorts, yes.  Pants, no.

21. My least favorite word is "moist."  It used to also be "panties" but now with Natalie running around in Ariel panties, that word has become more tolerable...almost to the point of cute.  Because a toddler's booty in panties is absolutely adorable.

22.  The family dachshund we had while I was growing up once bit me right above my left eye.  If you look closely, you can still see the scar.

23.  I am eight and eleven years younger than my brothers...but just as tall as they are - if not taller.

24. My dream concert would include performances from The Doors, Kings of Leon, the Beatles, U2, Madonna, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and Mumford & Sons.

25. If I could choose five people to host at my house for dinner, I would invite my grandma, Barack Obama, Bono and Jon Stewart.

26. I hate being the center of attention and all my bridal and baby showers totally stressed me out.

27. When no one else is in the car with me, I turn on T.I., Kanye and Jay-Z.  At full blast.

28. My mother is half Italian, half Cajun and speaks Italian, French and English fluently.  My father grew up in rural west Texas and went to college on a football scholarship.  They have lived in the same house longer than I have been alive.

29. If I had been born a boy, my name would have been Timothy Earl.

30. All through middle school and most of high school my goal was to go to A&M and become an architect.  After a college visit to Aggieland and a year spent working after-school care at the YMCA, I changed my plan and went to North Texas to become a teacher.

No comments: