Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day!

I'm not a patriotic person. I don't wear red, white and blue on the 4th of July and I don't get misty-eyed at the playing of The Star Spangled Banner. I think that...to a certain extent...patriotism can at times become commercial, much like Christmas. Anyone can put on a stars and stripes shirt and wave a flag...but I believe that our true patriotism can be found in the voting lines wrapped around thousands of buildings scattered across the United States. I find patriotism in the idea of people passionately caring about what is happening in the country and taking advantage of the freedoms we have here. I'm not that super "patriotic" of a person, but that doesn't mean that I don't love and appreciate my country and the choices I have.

No comments: